Track 5: Patient Engagement
This track addresses meaningful patient engagement in medical product development, from early product development, and approval, through maintenance phases. It focuses on important questions for all stakeholders, including:
- How do we meaningfully engage patients and incorporate their voices into decision-making throughout the medical product lifecycle?
- How do we become truly patient- (and people-) centric in our approach?
- How do we operationalize patient-centric approaches in our day-to-day work?
- How can we measure the effectiveness of our efforts, both for patient outcomes and to meet the needs of other stakeholders such as industry and regulatory decision-makers?
- What have we learned that can be used to drive more meaningful patient engagement?
- How do stakeholders best work together to leverage their collective power and expertise to promote meaningful involvement of patients?
DIA recommends this track and associated sessions to professionals involved in patient affairs, patient advocacy, patient groups, patient support services, medical affairs (including CMOs and MSLs (Medical Science Liaison)), clinical trial design and optimization, clinical research and operations, regulatory affairs, regulatory agency, corporate and government affairs, safety and pharmacovigilance, outcomes research, epidemiology, and Health Technology Assessment.
Included Topic Areas
Meaningful patient engagement (PE), patient-centered drug development, patient centricity, fostering patient-centric culture, PE approaches, best practices for PE, building collaborative relationships with patients and patient groups, engaging with diverse patient populations, partnering with patients, science of PE, operationalizing PE, PE metrics, PE tools and resources, patient advocacy, lessons learned in PE, PE outcomes. Topics related to bioethical issues are also welcome and may be considered for a special track in the meeting.
- Getting Strategic: Purposeful Patient Engagement Begins with the End in Mind
- Context and Contours: Illuminating Patient Engagement in Different Settings and Disease Areas
- Scaling Patient Engagement: Moving Across Therapeutic Areas, and More!
- “Yes, We Can!” Busting Misconceptions About Patient Engagement and Patient-Focused Medical Product Development