Track 13: Professional Development
The Professional Education and Development track focuses its content on topics that improve and support ongoing personal growth for career and team success. This broad category includes: interpersonal skills, soft skills, leadership, goal-setting, life-long learning, career transitions (career growth, lateral career transitions, and entrepreneurship), social media/new media, and self-awareness to assess strengths and gaps.
Sessions in Professional Development
Sunday, June 23
- Forum for Students and Emerging Professionals
- Student and Young Professional Resume Workshop
- Emerging Professionals: Making the Most of Your Networking Experience at the DIA Global Annual Meeting
- The Courage of Career Transitions: Just Do It!
- DISC and RISK: How DISC Profile in Clinical Trial Teams Impact Implementation of Risk-Based Approaches
- Pregnancy, Breastfeeding, Childcare, Oh My! Finding a Balance for New Moms
- Presentations as Listeners Like Them: How to Tailor Messaging
- How Storytelling, Images, and Engagement Can Wow Your Audience: Presentations with Punch!
- Achieving High Performance Through Emotional Intelligence
- Success in the Workplace: What does that Mean and How Can You Achieve It?
- PowerUp: Stories of Career Transforming Moments
Monday, June 24
Tuesday, June 25
Wednesday, June 26
Take a look at and hear from our top 10 attended sessions from DIA 2018. Download the recordings here.
Who is This Track Designed For?
Everyone! This track is geared towards providing life science professionals with insight and practical solutions for improving and supporting ongoing personal growth for career and team success.