Welcome to Speakers Corner. This is where you will find up-to-date information pertaining to your participation as a chair or speaker at DIA 2019.
Preparing for DIA 2019
Program Participant Readiness- 2 Part Webinar Series
Webinar Part 1 Highlights: 60 minute experience
- DIA 2019 overview, including the audience, purpose, goals, and objectives
- Navigating the learning formats offered at DIA 2019
- Best practices for building a great session – stress free!
- Basic social media techniques for sharing your participation in DIA 2019
- Continuing Education expectations
- Session development deadlines for March - May (you can scroll down for timeline information)
- Using our EPAC slide management system
- Giving Effective Presentations
- Social media: Count down to the "DIA Global Annual Meeting"
- On-site Expectations
- Session development deadlines for May-June
- Continuing Education Expectations
- Session Tools: Polling and Catchbox
Program Participant Resource Module
Access the new Program Participant Resource Module to review tips and tricks for building sessions and preparing presentations, as well as important reminders, dates, and deadlines.
Timeline Snap Shot
View deadlines at a glance with this quick timeline snap shot!
Session Building Checklist
We've pulled together a few think-ahead steps and popular DIA planning tools into one Session Building Checklist. We have the knowledge, the experts and now it's time to bring it all together!
Plan for Q&A success with our guide with quick tips and tricks to make a big difference in your session/forum
Meeting Room Fact Sheet
Learn more about your assigned meeting room. The Meeting Room Fact Sheet includes everything from a floor plan, to available AV equipment, staging, and audience seating style.
DIA 2019 Social Starter Kit
Download your copy of the DIA 2019 Social Starter Kit
Speaker Registration and Housing
Online registration for speakers is open.
Eligible Supported Speakers: Please do not book housing until contacted by a member of the Annual Meeting team.
Important Dates for Chairs and Speakers
April 12: Deadline for information to be included in printed Final Program
April 29: PowerPoint templates available with instructions for uploading presentations
May 2: Deadline for submitting a CE disclosure
May 2: Epac Opens - Online Presentation Management System
June 13: The deadline for submitting slides to DIA
June 14: Deadline to guarantee that complete session information will be included in the online program and DIA App
June 14: Deadline for submitting a headshot (photo) for the online program and DIA App
June 17-21: Review of presentations by chairs and DIA staff - Follow-up with speakers as necessary
June 23-27: The DIA 2019 Global Annual Meeting! San Diego Convention Center, 111 W Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA