Professional And Student Poster Guidelines
Poster Board Specifications
- DIA will provide the following for poster presentations:
- Freestanding 8ft. (L) x 4ft. (H) poster board
- One chair
- Push pins
- Presenters must prepare a poster to fit a usable space of 3.5 ft. x 7.5 ft. poster board (three and a half feet high by seven and a half feet wide)
- Posters made of heavy laminated materials usually take more than one person to set up and require many push pins to hang. Please consider using lighter weight materials
- Materials must be easily read at a distance of 4ft. As a rule of thumb, use a font size of at least 14 point and double space
- When choosing a background, remember that neutral or gray colors will be easier on the eyes than a bright color. In addition, color photos look best when mounted on gray
- All poster presentations must be noncommercial and scientific in nature. Poster presentations may not be used as a marketing opportunity
- Any mention of drug products must be limited to generic names, and not include logos or brand names in any area of the poster, including poster titles and handouts. Please refer to the DIA Policy Concerning Promotion of Products and Services from the Podium at DIA Sponsored Programs
- Suggested items to bring:
- Presenters are encouraged to prepare 25 copies of their poster and/or abstract for attendee distribution at the meeting
- Business cards for distribution and for networking opportunities
Please Note: The presenter must organize any special shipping arrangements needed. DIA will be unable to ship or store any material. DO NOT SHIP YOUR POSTER TO THE CONVENTION CENTER.
- Suggested arrangement for poster layout
- Display Disclosure Panel on lower right corner of your poster
Author(s) of this presentation have the following to disclose concerning possible financial or personal relationships with commercial entities that may have a direct or indirect interest in the subject matter of this presentation:
John Doe: Nothing to disclose
Jane Brown: Consultant – Apex Pharmaceuticals
Carl Jones: Nothing to disclose
Michael Smith: Member – ABC Speaker’s Bureau
Posters will be displayed in the Exhibit Hall of the San Diego Convention Center during the following times:
Monday, June 24 | 10:00AM-6:00PM (Student Posters)
Tuesday, June 25 | 9:00AM-4:00PM (Professional Posters)
Wednesday, June 26 | 9:00AM-4:00PM (Professional Posters)
Posters must be displayed on your assigned date only and remain on the board until the end of the day.
Posters should be mounted on the assigned poster board a half hour before the opening of the Exhibit Hall on the scheduled day of your presentation. Posters remain on the boards for the full day assigned. In order to enter the Exhibit Hall for set-up, you will need your registration badge and a copy of your disposition email.
Posters must be dismantled at the end of your scheduled day. *More information to follow.
Any posters that are not removed are not the responsibility of DIA or the Convention Center and will be discarded.