Frequently Asked Questions
The following are helpful hints and frequently asked questions regarding abstract submissions for the DIA Global Annual Meeting.
Q: I submitted a topic during the Call for Topics, and it appears under the suggested topics for the Global Annual Meeting. Do I still have to submit a session or speaker abstract?A: Yes, you must submit an abstract to be considered as a chair or speaker for DIA 2023.
Q: What constitutes a quality abstract?
A: Information provided in the “Abstract Details” section should include specific details or data to support your abstract submission:
- Unbiased content that does not promote a product, service, or organization; abstracts deemed to be promotional will be excluded from consideration
- Innovative and cutting-edge information, or new developments related to the topic
- Real world applications, such as case studies or demonstrations
- A global perspective
- A session or presentation title that is compelling and attractive to potential attendees
- Content that is cross-functional and interdisciplinary, if possible/appropriate
- A clear target audience with clear learning objectives
- Plans for interactivity between the speakers and audience
Q: May an author submit more than one abstract?A: Authors may submit multiple abstracts. Do not submit the same exact abstract more than once.
Q: What information is required from the author?
- Full contact information
- Participant disclosure information and speaker authorization for use of presentation materials, which allows DIA to distribute your presentation to registrants of the Global Annual Meeting
Q: Can there be more than one author name?A: Only one author name may be submitted.
Q: May I include or recommend an additional speaker name for the topic in which I am interested?A: You may recommend an additional speaker(s) for a session, forum, or workshop within your abstract description.
Q: Do I have to use the DIA website to submit the abstract?A: Yes. Only abstracts submitted via the DIA website will be considered for inclusion in the program. You are encouraged to prepare your abstract in a separate document prior to submitting on our website. Abstract information should then be copied and pasted from the prepared document as plain text.
Q: Are there abstract templates or samples available?
A: Yes, there is a sample abstract as well as a form that you may use to prepare your abstract in advance.
Q: May someone submit the abstract on my behalf?A: Yes, for sessions, forums, and workshops, a submitter will have the option to complete author information even if they will not be the designee onsite in Boston, MA.
Q: When will I be notified if my abstract has been accepted?A: Authors will be notified by the end of January. Accepted abstract authors are requested to confirm their participation as a chair or speaker with DIA by logging into Speakers Corner.