DIA Global Annual Meeting 2022 FAQs
Will There be a Face-to-Face Event? When?
- Yes, DIA Global Annual Meeting is returning to in-person after 2 years. DIA Global Annual Meeting 2022 will take place at McCormick Place West in Chicago, IL June 19-23, 2022
What are the Health and Safety Measures for DIA Global Annual Meeting 2022?
- You can find our Health and Safety information here.
Is Registration Open for DIA Global Annual Meeting 2022?
- Yes, and we’d love to see you! You can register here.
Do You Have a Justification Letter?
- Yes, download and fill out the DIA Global Annual Meeting 2022 Justification letter to demonstrate to your supervisor, why this is a must-attend event.
Can I Transfer my Registration to a Colleague?
- Yes, if you can’t attend the meeting, you may transfer your registration to a colleague. Deadline for name change: June 13, 2022. In this case, please contact NAevents@DIAglobal.org
What is The Attendee Cancellation Policy?
- All cancellations must be made in writing and be received at the DIA Customer Service four weeks prior to the event start date. Cancellations are subject to an administrative fee of $200. Please review our full Cancellation Policy here
Where and when can I pick up my badge?
- You will be able to pick up your badge at our Registration area in Exhibit Hall F1 Lobby – Level 3 of McCormick Place West Building.
- Exhibitor registration opens Saturday June 18th at 8:00AM. Registration for attendees and speakers open Sunday June 19th at 1:00PM.
- Check out our Schedule At-A-Glance for full registration hours.
- Visit Chicago O'Hare Airport to search flights, find other means for travelling between the airport and downtown, review FAQs, and learn more about the airport. You can also contact the airport at 773-686-2200.
Do You Have Special Offer for Hotel Rooms in Chicago?
- Yes, DIA has several hotels secured with special rate. More information is available here!
Do you Have Special Offer For Flights?
- Yes, DIA partnered with several Airlines. American Airlines, United, and Delta Airlines are offering DIA Attendees special meeting discounts of 4-10% off published fares, based on the booking class of service. More information can be found here.
Where can I find the most updated agenda for DIA Global Annual Meeting 2022?
- Please Find our Full Agenda here.
Which Topics are Covered in the Annual Meeting?
- Read more about the tracks here.
Are There Short Courses Available Prior to the Conference?
- Yes, short courses are available at additional cost and registration here. Our short courses will be held virtually only. Please check our Short Course Offerings, as Continuing Education is available for some offerings. If you cannot attend in person in Chicago, you can still register for a virtual Short Course.here.
Where Can I Find Information About Sponsorship and Exhibition?
- Visit the Exhibits Page for more information.
Will The Sessions be Recorded and Available Afterwards?
- Yes, a library of recorded educational content from the meeting will be available to guests who purchase a subscription to DIANOW. This is a separate purchase and is not included in registration to the conference.
- Attendees will have access to presentation slides until December 31, 2022.
- How can I help?
Will There be a Meeting App Available?
- Yes! The Global Annual Meeting will have an app that will allow you to check the schedule, create a profile, and get the latest announcements. Attendees will receive a link to download the app with instructions/password on how to log in the week before the meeting. Lean More
How Can I Network?
- The DIA 2022 Global Annual Meeting is the perfect place to engage with the thousands of attendees through our multiple networking opportunities! Check out the options being offered in addition to the enhanced opportunities to learn, connect, and collaborate provided in an array of learning formats to diversify and customize your experience, including educational sessions, content hubs, posters, and innovation theaters.
Can I Collect Continuing Education Credits at DIA Global Annual Meeting?
- Yes! Participants who would like to receive continuing education credit for DIA 2022 must scan their DIA name badge at each offering to record their attendance within 20 minutes of the start of the offering. Participants who do not scan their badges within the allotted time will not be eligible to request the available continuing education credits for that offering. If a participant attends multiple offerings within the same timeframe, only the last scanned entry will be recorded. Please be sure to complete your session evaluation at the end of each day.
How do I Claim CE?
- Instructions for requesting your statement of credit will be provided in the final program.
Travelling to Chicago
- Click Here for our Travel Page
- Two major airports service the Chicago, IL area:
- Click here to learn more about COVID safety Protocols at Chicago airports
Midway International Airport is the best option for domestic travel.
- Approximately 20-minute drive (11 miles) to downtown Chicago and McCormick Place West
- Taxis are available on the lower level of each terminal (outside of baggage claim). Fares are based on traffic conditions, but average $30
- Visit Chicago Midway International Airport to search flights, find other means for travelling between the airport and downtown, review FAQs, and learn more about the airport. You can also contact the airport at 773-838-0600
Chicago O’Hare International Airport is the best option for domestic travel.
- Approximately 50-minute drive (20 miles) to downtown Chicago and McCormick Place West
- Taxis are available on the lower level of each terminal (outside of baggage claim). Fares are based on traffic conditions, but average $60 (gratuity not included)
DIA is always looking for volunteers, members, speakers, donors, Community members, and more! During this critical time, there are many ways you can support DIA’s mission and financial stability. Here are some ideas:
- Make an individual tax-deductible charitable donation.
- Join DIA as a member.
- Contribute your time and/or insights as part of our volunteer team. Just contact us at NAevents@DIAglobal.org
- Get intelligent insights instantly, with a subscription to DIA Now.
We want to hear from you! Please reach out with any additional comments, questions, or suggestions you may have as we transition to a bolder, broader learning experience—from in-person, to beyond!
Will There be Shuttle Service From Hotels?
- Complimentary shuttle service will be provided between the Convention Center and DIA hotels that are not within walking distance to the Convention Center, Monday through Thursday. The shuttle will be available in the morning and the conclusion of DIA events each day and will run at 20-minute intervals. Please note that you must be staying at a DIA hotel to utilize the complimentary shuttle. A shuttle pass will be provided to all attendees when checking into their hotel, and use of the shuttle pass will be strictly enforced. View a list of DIA hotels and their shuttle status. A detailed shuttle schedule will be available closer to the meeting date.
ADA / Dietary Restrictions
- The Convention Center is ADA compliant. Should an attendee require assistance while attending DIA 2022 at McCormick Place, amenities are available during their visit.
- Requests for special meals due to dietary restrictions should be sent to Megan.Stevens@diaglobal.org. 15 days’ advance notice is needed in order to ensure that special accommodations can be made with Savor, the exclusive caterer at McCormick Place. Beyond 15 days accommodations may not be possible on the first day of the attendee’s arrival.
Board /Board Committee Meetings
- The DIA Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings will be held in conjunction with the GAM and will be held at the Hilton Chicago. Any questions should be forwarded to Isabel.Milan@DIAglobal.org