DIA 2022 is Designated as a "Patients Included" Event!
We’re proud to announce that the DIA 2022 Global Annual Meeting is designated as a "Patients Included" meeting!
This means that we are committed to incorporating the experience of patients as experts in living with their condition while ensuring they are neither excluded nor exploited.
For more information, visit the Patients Included website.
DIA and the Global Annual Meeting Program Committee have assessed that the program successfully meets all five of the Patients Included charter clauses:
Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the meeting's central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics, and speakers.
- The DIA 2022 program agenda has been structured to incorporate the patient perspective within a dedicated Patient Engagement Track. The Program Committee includes patient representatives, who have responsibility for building the Patient Engagement track, advising on appropriate inclusion of patient perspectives in sessions throughout all 13 educational tracks, and serving as resources to identify qualified patient speakers.
- As speakers, patients invited to speak in sessions will receive complimentary registration. DIA facilitates the attendance of patients or patient partners at the DIA 2022 Global Annual Meeting through the Patient Scholars Program. Registration scholarships are available for the DIA 2022 meeting. To apply, complete a scholarship application by 11:59PM ET on April 2.
In addition, DIA 2022 offers a special registration fee for patients and patient organization representatives of $250 if registered by May 31. After May 31, the standard patient registration rate of $400 will apply. Access the Patient Registration Form.
Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.
- Patients and patient partners with experience or interest in furthering the impact of their involvement in medical product development are featured as speakers, panelists, and discussants throughout the program.
- The Patient Partners speaker initiative assists the Program Committee and session developers with finding the right patient/patient partner to speak in the program.
The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other program elements are open to patient delegates.
- DIA 2022 will be held at McCormick Place West, 2301 South Indiana Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60616. The facility features accessible entrances, registration and open areas, meeting rooms, parking, and provides assistive devices. In addition to McCormick Place, DIA has reserved sleeping room blocks at special conference rates in hotels surrounding the convention center. A complete list of hotels can be viewed here. For specific questions, please contact the hotel directly.
Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
- The hashtag #DIA2022 will be actively promoted prior to and during the event across social media platforms so participants, as well as those unable to attend the event, can join the conversation and discuss presentations and key takeaways.
- DIA will post speaker presentation slides to the DIA website prior to the meeting and for six months after the meeting for viewing and downloading by attendees.
- DIA is caputuring educational sessions for on-demand viewing. Access to recorded content will be available for two months after the meeting for viewing by patient attendees.
If you have any questions, please contact us at CustomerService@DIAglobal.org or 1.888.257.6457.