Monday-Friday | 9:00AM-5:30PM ET
DIA 2022 Travel Information
Chicago, known as the “Windy City”, is a premier destination for business, entertainment, sports, and leisure. The city and its myriad neighborhoods offer something for everyone. Discover Chicago’s world-class museums, restaurants, theaters, tours, shopping and more!
Location for DIA 2022 Global Annual Meeting:
McCormick Place West
2301 South Indiana Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60616
If you are arriving by taxi or ride share, Gate 40, located on South Indiana Avenue, between East Cermak and East 24th Place is the most convenient entrance for DIA 2022.
Getting to Chicago:
Two major airports service the Chicago, IL area:
Click here to learn more about COVID safety Protocols at Chicago airports
Midway International Airport is the best option for domestic travel.
- Approximately 20-minute drive (11 miles) to downtown Chicago and McCormick Place West
- Taxis are available on the lower level of each terminal (outside of baggage claim). Fares are based on traffic conditions, but average $30
- Visit Chicago Midway International Airport to search flights, find other means for travelling between the airport and downtown, review FAQs, and learn more about the airport. You can also contact the airport at 773-838-0600
- Approximately 50-minute drive (20 miles) to downtown Chicago and McCormick Place West
- Taxis are available on the lower level of each terminal (outside of baggage claim). Fares are based on traffic conditions, but average $60 (gratuity not included)
- Visit Chicago O'Hare Airport to search flights, find other means for travelling between the airport and downtown, review FAQs, and learn more about the airport. You can also contact the airport at 773-686-2200.
American Airlines, United, and Delta Airlines are offering DIA Attendees special meeting discounts of 4-10% off published fares, based on the booking class of service.
- Valid dates:June 15-25, 2022
- Book online at www.aa.com and insert Promotion Code 5262GA after selecting flights
- Call your travel professional or American Airlines Meeting Services Desk at 800-433-1790 and refer to Promotion Code 5262GA. Booking fee is applied when booking by phone through the Meeting Services Desk
- AADVANTAGE members may accrue mileage Meeting Conference Discount fares
- Valid dates:June 16-26, 2022
- Book online at www.united.com/meetingtravel and enter ZKCM270871 in the Offer Code box to receive your discount
- Call United Meeting Reservation Desk at 800.426.1122 and reference ZKCM270871
- MileagePlus members earn Premier Qualifying Dollars and miles for their travel
- Valid dates:June 14-28, 2022
- Book online at www.delta.com/meetings, select “Book Your Meeting Reservation” and use Meeting Code NMV67
- Call Delta meeting Network Reservations at 1.800.328.1111, and refer to Meeting Event Code NMV67
- SkyMiles may be earned. Fare rules apply. SkyMiles travel award redemptions are not permitted.
Taxis are plentiful at the airports and throughout many Chicago neighborhoods
- You can also electronically hail (E-Hail) a taxicab through a mobile app. CHICABS approved apps ARRO and CURB also let passengers electronically pay (E-Pay) for the taxicab fare through the app
- Credit cards are accepted in all taxi cabs by city mandate. Taxis charge a base rate of $3.25, plus $2.25 for each additional mile and $0.20 for every 36 seconds of time elapsed. Please note that all fares and taxes are subject to change
- If a gas surcharge is in effect, a sign will be displayed inside the taxicab and a surcharge may apply. Tolls are an extra charge. Taxis charge $1 for the first additional passenger over age 12 and under age 65; each additional passenger after that is $0.50
- Please make sure to use the designated Taxi Stands to ensure you have a licensed driver. For your protection, do not accept rides from drivers outside the cab stand or on the departure level (second level) of the terminal roadways. All taxis should have a working meter to calculate the fare based on time and mileage
Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) provides bus service to downtown hotels, Magnificent Mile and Water Tower Place and runs approximately every 15 minutes
- The McCormick Place stop is located at 2301 S. King Drive, Chicago and is in front of the McCormick Place main entrance
- One-way bus fare is $2, and it is recommended to pre-purchase a Ventra card prior to using the bus system
- Located on Level 2.5 of the Grand Concourse in the South Building, the METRA Electric commuter railroad provides direct service with seven minutes to and from downtown Chicago
Chicago is a city made for cycling. There are over 200 miles of protected bike lanes throughout the city
- Divvy, Chicago’s bike-share program, offers over 580 stations and 5,800 bikes across the city, available for rent 24/7. Users simply pick up a bike from a self-service docking station and return it to a station near their destination. Find Divvy locations and rates. Get the Divvy app: Android and iOS
Click here for directions to Lot A, which is the most convenient entrance to DIA 2022, with covered walkways leading directly into the South Building of McCormick Place and the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Hotel. This is the only garage with overnight parking.
- The parking rate is $25 for up to 16 hours and $38 from 16 to 24 hours
- Credit cards are accepted at the parking ticket kiosks
- There are no in-and-out privileges