DIA Housing Now Open!
DIA encourages you to select an official DIA hotel for your stay.
Travel & Exclusive Discount Information
The DIA 2018 Global Annual Meeting will be held at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC), 415 Summer Street, Boston, MA.
Boston is the perfect location for this DIA 2018! Why?
- Boston is home to renowned institutions such as: Harvard Medical School, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and Merck.
- The Boston area has seven times the number of workers in biotech R&D than the national average.
- The top five NIH-funded research universities in MA are based in or around Boston. Boston’s Longwood Medical Area is a hot spot for life science research organizations.
Getting to Boston
Boston's Logan International Airport – New England’s largest transportation center is a major national and international gateway, with a unique location close to the city. It lies three miles northeast of downtown Boston. It takes approximately 10 minutes to get to the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC) and approximately 20 minutes to downtown hotels, depending on traffic.
United and Delta Airlines are offering DIA 2018 attendees special discounts of 2-10% off published fares, based on the booking class of service.
- Book online at united.com/meetingtravel and use Offer Code: ZE54360178.
- Call your travel professional or United Meetings at +1.800.426.1122 and refer to Z Code: ZE54 and Agreement Code: 360178.
- Book online at delta.com/meeting, select “Book a Trip”, and use Meeting Event Code: NMQX8.
- Call your travel professional or Delta Meeting Network at +1.800.328.1111, Monday-Friday, 7:00AM-7:00PM CDT, and refer to Meeting Event Code: NMQX8.
Boston is part of the AMTRAK railroad system serving the Northeast, and connects passengers to the rest of New England. Acela Express offers service from Boston to New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, DC. Passengers can pick up AMTRAK service in Boston at South Station - just minutes from the BCEC and a Back Bay Station close to many of the DIA room block hotels.
10% Amtrak Discount - Amtrak is offering DIA Annual Meeting Attendees 10% off the best available rail fare to Boston, MA for the travel dates of June 21-July 1, 2018. To book your reservation call Amtrak at 1.800.872.7245 or contact your local travel agent.
Conventions cannot be booked via Internet. Please be sure to refer to Convention Fare Code X03G-977 when making your reservation. This offer is not valid on the Auto Train and Acela Service. Fare is valid on Amtrak Regional for all departures seven days a week. Offer valid with Sleepers, Business Class, or First Class seats with payment of the full applicable accommodation charges.
Driving and Parking
The BCEC is conveniently located just minutes away from Boston’s major highways.
Getting Around Boston
A variety of transportation options are available from the airport to downtown Boston and the Boston Convention and Exposition Center (BCEC).
Taxi Service from Logan Airport
- to/from Boston Convention and Exposition Center range between $25 and $35
- to/from downtown hotels range between $35 and $45.
Taxi stands are located outside of the baggage claim area. Use Taxi Fare Finder to calculate the cab fare using Boston taxi rates. Estimates may vary.
MBTA "The T"
MBTA has a tool called “Trip Planner” that lets you plan your T ride from beginning to end. Simply enter in your starting location and your destination, and it will provide you with stop by stop directions via subway or bus.
Logan Airport to the BCEC
- MBTA Silver Line SL1 route to World Trade Center Station.
- Exit at the World Trade Center Station, and take the elevator up to Level 2. Follow directions to BCEC/World Trade Center Avenue.
- Take a left onto World Trade Center Ave, to the BCEC across Summer Street
Complimentary DIA Shuttle
DIA provides complimentary shuttle service between the official DIA 2018 hotels and the Convention Center in the morning and at the conclusion of events each day. The Westin Boston Waterfront, Aloft Boston Seaport, Element Boston Seaport, Renaissance Boston Waterfront, and Seaport hotels are within walking distance to BCEC.
Please note that you must be staying in an official DIA 2018 hotel in order to utilize the shuttle. Shuttle passes will be issued at hotel check-in, and will be strictly enforced. A detailed shuttle schedule will be posted closer to the meeting date.