DIA Housing Now Open!
DIA encourages you to select an official DIA hotel for your stay.
Track 2: Disruptive Innovation
With 13 sessions specific to Disruptive Innovation, this track focuses on innovations that drive new markets and value networks in the biopharmaceutical industry. Covering topics from leveraging wearables and new frontiers in pharmaceutical manufacturing, to artificial intelligence in clinical trials, this Core Interest Area will ensure you are up-to-date on the latest clinical, scientific, and medical research topics and applications.
Highlights in Disruptive Innovation
- The ways in which artificial intelligence (AI) can impact clinical decision-making and how we design and run clinical trials
- How effective or robust is AI
- Endpoint structures developed to capture disease status and medical product performance, while still allowing interpretability
- The complexity of the microbiome in conducting clinical research and monitoring
- The potential of 3D printing and how it can provide personalized medicine within clinical trials and on the market
- Sophisticated predictive analytic tools and how they transform product development and supply
- Featured Topics in Career Development and Wearables/Mobile Health
DIA recommends this track and associated sessions to professionals involved in: regulatory, clinical operations, safety and pharmacovigilance, medical affairs, and data management.
Sessions in Disruptive Innovation
Monday, June 19
Drug Repurposing: Where Will it Take Us?
- Leveraging Wearables and Sensors in Clinical Trials and mHealth
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
The Future of Patient Engagement: Measuring What Matters
The Evolution of Evidence Generation: Real World Evidence and the Next Generation of Decision-Making
Tuesday, June 20
People Will Talk: Gathering Insights from Digital Listening
- New Trial Design Approaches: Including New Endpoints
- Next Generation Patient Recruitment: Part 1 of 2
- Leveraging Wearables and Sensors in Clinical Trials: Case Studies
- Microbiome: Innovative Therapeutics, Challenges, and Opportunities
Wednesday, June 21
- New Site Paradigm: Just in Time Sites
- Next Generation Patient Recruitment: Part 2 of 2
- CRISPR: Regulatory Challenges in the Gene Editing Revolution
- New Frontiers in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Next Generation Predictive Analytics
- Are We Ready for Telemedicine-Powered Clinical Trials?
Thursday, June 22