Developing a Comprehensive Patient Engagement Program
Integrating the patient perspective into all aspects of the product lifecycle is essential to the success of drug development and getting these drugs to the patients. Indeed, the patient voice is no longer a “nice to have”; it is a “must have”. An effective patient engagement function that builds trusting relationships with patient communities, understands their journeys, and provides a comprehensive model for integrating the patient perspective helps accelerate drug development and builds company reputation and culture. This module equips participants with the tools to build a strategic, systematic, and sustainable patient engagement program within their organization that both meets the expectations of patient communities and accounts for market factors that demand patient input.
This module takes an average of 3 hours to complete.
- Understanding the Patient Populations/Communities to be Served
- Working within your Organization Toward a Patient-Focused Vision
- Developing a Roadmap for the Patient Engagement Function
- Building the Structure of the Patient Engagement Function
- Planning and Implementation of the Patient Engagement Program
Who should attend?
This curriculum is designed for professionals involved in:
- Patient Advocacy, Engagement, Experience, and Access (Including Chief Patient Officers)
- Patient Communications
- Medical Affairs and Medical Communications (Including Chief Medical Officers)
- Regulatory Affairs and Regulatory Patient Engagement
- Health Outcomes
- Study Endpoint Development
- Clinical Trial Design and Optimization
- Clinical Research
- Clinical Operations
- Benefit-Risk Assessment
- Clinical Safety, Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management
- Medical Science Liaisons
- Patient Support Services
- Patient Advocacy Organizations
- Regulators and Regulatory Reviewers
Upon completion of this module, learners should be able to:
- Determine the appropriate patient populations/communities to engage and describe their patient journey
- Describe the considerations for developing patient engagement goals and approaches that are consistent with the organization’s mission, culture, and operations.
- Identify steps to develop a strategic patient engagement model
- Outline the structure of a patient engagement function that works consistently across the lifecycle and throughout the organization
- Describe the process for planning organizational infrastructure and support for effective patient involvement at points in the medical product lifecycle where it is likely to meet patient needs and have the most meaningful impact