DIA Europe 2020 is Accredited as a ‘Patients Included’ Event
This ‘Patients Included’ accreditation means that DIA is committed to incorporating the experience of patients as experts in living with their condition. It ensures they are both included and actively engaged.
The Patients Included status is self-assessed and based on meeting all five of the charter’s clauses. For more information on what that means, visit the Patients Included website.
Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme are actively involved in designing and planning the event, including selecting themes, topics, and speakers. They both attend and participate in delivering the event content.
- The DIA Europe 2020 Programme Committee includes patient representatives.
- The programme agenda has been designed to incorporate the patient perspective, not only within the Patient Engagement Thought Stream, but also throughout all tracks in those sessions where a patient perspective adds value.
- Patients and their partners with experience or interest in measuring how their involvement helps impact medical product development, also feature as speakers, panellists, and discussants throughout the programme.
- The Patient Partners speaker initiative helps the Programme Committee and session developers finding the most appropriate patient/patient partner as speakers.
The organisers offer special rates to patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to allow them to attend as delegates.
- DIA will also facilitate patients or patient partners as attendees to DIA Europe 2020 through a special discounted rate of €250, available throughout the registration period. This is open to all patient advocate groups.
All relevant sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates.
- DIA Europe 2020 is being held in a Virtual Format. If you have any questions about Virtual meeting, please visit our FAQs page.
- The hashtag #DIAEurope2020 will be actively promoted on social media platforms prior to and during the event. This will allow both participants and those unable to attend the event to join the conversation and discuss presentations and key takeaways.
- DIA will post speaker presentations on the DIA website prior to the conference and for six months following the conference. These will be available for viewing and downloading by attendees.
For questions, please contact us!