Located at the crossroads of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states, Philadelphia is within a day’s drive of 40 percent of the U.S. population. Traveling to Philadelphia is also incredibly convenient by air or rail. Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and Philadelphia’s 30th Street Station, the third busiest Amtrak station in the country, are connected to downtown and the Pennsylvania Convention Center by SEPTA Rail Lines. And once you have arrived, there’s no need for a car in Philadelphia’s wonderfully walkable downtown.
By Car: The Pennsylvania Convention Center, 1101 Arch Street, is just a few minutes from I-95, making it less than 2 hours from New York City and less than three hours from Washington, D.C. View driving directions to the Convention Center and parking information.
By Train: Amtrak provides extensive service to 30th Street Station (30th and Market Streets) with high speed service along the Northeast Corridor and points north, east, west, and south.
Amtrak is offering DIA attendees a 10% discount off the best available rail fare to Philadelphia, PA between June 21, 2016 – July 8, 2016.* To book your reservation call Amtrak at +1.800.872.7245 or contact your local travel agent. Please be sure to refer to Convention Fare Code X79Z-940 when making your reservation. Conventions cannot be booked via Internet.
*This offer is not valid on the Auto Train and Acela Service. Fare is valid on Amtrak Regional for all departures seven days a week, except for holiday blackouts. Offer valid with Sleepers, Business Class or First Class seats with payment of the full applicable accommodation charges.
By Plane: The Philadelphia International Airport, serves more than 120 cities worldwide with 1,200 daily flights, including 120 international flights.
Special meeting fares have been negotiated with United and Delta airlines for DIA 2016. Applicable restrictions may apply, and online booking is encouraged to avoid service fees associated with reservations made by phone.
Discount: 2 - 10%
Valid dates: June 23 – July 5, 2016
- Book reservation online to avoid service fee, and enter Offer Code: ZVUG387395
- Phone: +1.800.426.1122 (service fee applies) and provide Meeting Z Code: ZVUG and Agreement Code: 387395
Discount: 2 - 20%
Valid dates: June 21 – July 5, 2016
- Book reservation online to avoid service fee, and enter Meeting Event Code: NMMHT
- Phone: +1.800.328.1111 (service fee applies) and provide Meeting Event Code: NMMHT
By Public Transit: SEPTA Rail Lines service the entire Philadelphia Region. Jefferson Station (formerly Market East Station) is connected to the Convention Center.
- The Septa Airport Regional Rail Line is the most convenient way to travel from the airport to downtown, and you can do so in just 25 minutes. Trains depart every half-hour daily from 5:00AM until midnight. Trains stop at Terminals A-F, Amtrak’s 30th Street Station, Suburban Station (16th and JFK Boulevard) and Jefferson Station. The onboard (cash only) fare to Center City is $8.00 weekdays and $7.00 evenings and weekends.
- From Amtrak’s 30th Street Station take the SEPTA Regional Rail to the Jefferson Station (connected to the Convention Center). A regional rail train departs every few minutes. With your Amtrak ticket, the ride to Center City is free.
- Other SEPTA Regional Rail Lines can shuttle you throughout the region. Please visit SEPTA.org or call +1.215.580.7800.
By Taxi: Walking around Philadelphia is easy, however, if you are in hurry or the weather changes suddenly, taxicabs are plentiful and relatively inexpensive. Fare from the airport to Center City is $28 to $35, and fare from Philadelphia’s 30th Street Station to the Convention Center typically costs $10 to $15.
Complimentary Shuttle Service:
Between Official Meeting Hotels and the Convention Center
DIA provides complimentary shuttle service between many of the official DIA Annual Meeting 2016 hotels and the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Please note that you must be staying in an official DIA hotel in order to utilize the complimentary shuttle to the Convention Center. A shuttle pass will be issued at hotel check-in. A shuttle schedule will be posted closer to the meeting date.