Drug Development Phase 1
The Drug Development Phase 1 module is part of the DIA Drug Development and Lifecycle Management eLearning Program. In this module, learners will be taken through the activities associated with phase 1 development, with a focus on the drivers that impact the design of the first-in-human study.
Estimated time to complete module: 1 hour
This eLearning module can be purchased individually or as part of the Drug Development and Life Cycle Management eLearning Program.
- Objectives and Key Players
- The IND and CTA
- Phase 1 Studies
- Phase 1 Decisions
Who should attend?
This module is designed for individuals who are new to, or changing roles, in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. This module will also benefit professionals who work in the area of:
- Clinical Research
- Project Management
- Administrative Support
- Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Affairs
- Medical Writing
- Business Support
Upon completion of this module, participants should be able to:
- Outline the key objectives of phase 1 studies
- Describe the regulatory submissions required for phase 1 studies
- List key activities that need to be completed before first-in-human clinical trials can begin
- Examine risk-return decisions involved in phase 1 studies