Discovery and Pre-Clinical Phases
The Discovery and Pre-Clinical Phases module (formerly titled Discovery and Preclinical Testing Phases) is part of the DIA Drug Development and Lifecycle Management eLearning Program. In this module, learners focus on how companies advance potential drug candidates through the earliest stages fo research, from therapeutic target to readiness for clincial studies.
Estimated time to complete module: 1 hour
This eLearning module can be purchased individually or as part of the Drug Development and Life Cycle Management eLearning Program.
- Discovery Activities
- The Pre-Clinical Phase
Who should attend?
This module is designed for individuals who are new to, or changing roles, in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. This module will also benefit professionals who work in the area of:
- Clinical Research
- Project Management
- Administrative Support
- Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Affairs
- Medical Writing
- Business Support
Upon completion of this module, learners should be able to:
- Describe the use of a Target Product Profile (TPP) as a tool in designing a drug development program
- Describe the phases of drug development
- Identify the sources of drug development regulations
- List the functional areas involved in the drug development process
- Describe the workflow for bringing a new drug to market