Medical Affairs and Scientific Communications Forum
Highlights & Features
Weaving the Patient Thread
We heard your feedback! Gain tangible insights via an executive-level interactive panel to discuss challenges facing small, medium, and large-sized companies. Further address solutions in how to build the right capacities and competencies required to meet the evolving needs of MI. Listen to the voice of our customers in a new ad-board style format as they analyze medical content and communication channels. Understand how HEOR/RWE may be used in communications with customers based on recent guidances and specifically for contact centers, explore crisis management. Apply these learnings to further refine content creation and dissemination to meet our evolving customer needs. The last session will weave in all three tracks to highlight how the patient voice impact activities and deliverables across medical affairs.
This track is appropriate for current or prospective Field Medical Professionals, including: Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs), MSL Supervisors, MSL Operations, and anyone else with interest in learning more about the issues impacting the Field Medical role. You will find a comprehensive and cohesive agenda that has been curated and peer-reviewed by recognized thought leaders from the global MSL community. The theme will be: Putting the pieces of the MSL value puzzle together. The content is high-quality and non-biased – developed by MSLs for MSLs in the setting of DIA’s neutral, global forum. This is your opportunity to network with peers – and be – an MSL thought leader!
Network and learn from Medical Writing and Communications colleagues. Independent industry experts will share the latest approaches in medical regulatory and publication writing. Topics discussed include artificial intelligence in clinical study reporting; the US, EU, and Canada regulatory policies; plain language processes; relationships with journal editors; data sharing and visualization; and implementation of common protocol templates. Attend this track to gain insight into the latest challenges and opportunities impacting Medical Writing!
Preconference Short Courses
March 17 | 8:30AM-5:00PM
March 18 | 8:30AM-12:00PM
- Short Course 1: Medical Communications: Compliance in 2019
- Short Course 2: Pubs Planning
- Short Course 3: Effective Delivery of NDA and MAA Submission Packages
- Short Course 4: Advertising and Promotional Content Review: A Medical Information Perspective
- Three educational tracks: Medical Communications, Medical Science Liasons, and Medical Writing
- One full day Preconference Primer: The Fundamentals of Medical Communications *Additional fee required
- Four half day Preconference Short Courses *Additional fee required
- Cross-functional General Sessions dedicated to integrating work areas, addressing regulatory, policy, and medicine updates
- Podium Pearls – poster presentations on best practices
- Two Poster Sessions highlighting original research from fellows, residents in training, and professionals
- Exhibit Hall with 30+ exhibiting companies
- Two Networking receptions
- DIA Community Meet-ups for Medical Science Liaisons for members and those interested in learning more about the community projects/member benefits
- DIA Fit
Check out our 2019 Program!