Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management Strategies Conference
Highlights & Features
What is happening at DIA's Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management Strategies Conference?
- NEW FOR THIS YEAR:
- Global Regulatory Updates – newest updates from the FDA, EMA, and MHRA
- Pharmacovigilance developments and issues with global impact from China, Japan, and India
- Expanding uses of real world evidence for evidence generation
- Address by Hans Georg Eichler, EMA: Overcoming Methodology Aversion in Drug Development and Regulation
- Full day on global risk management strategies, program implementation, and assessment of effectiveness, including:
- Special focus on REMS: new FDA guidances, development, assessment, and modification of REMS
- Global perspective of risk management, examination of different strategies required by various regulatory agencies, and developing strategies for global implementation
- Innovative and effective communication of health risk messages
- NEW SHORT COURSES
- Full-Day Short Course: Interdisciplinary Safety Evaluation During Product Development. Participants will learn how to develop an interdisciplinary, systematic, and coordinated approach to safety evaluation that serves to identify, assess, and characterize safety topics of interest and enables investigators to develop clinical as well as quantitative understanding of the safety profile.
- Half-Day Short Course: Introduction to Statistics in Pharmacovigilance. A (mainly) formula-free course where participants can get a basic introduction to statistics and probability applied in the context of drug safety. Key topics will include measuring and presenting risk; comparing risks; understanding variability, p-values and significance; meta-analysis vs. pooled analysis, and more.
- Half-Day Short Course: Pharmacovigilance for Medication Errors. Featuring instructors from the FDA CDER Division of Medication Error Prevention and Analysis (DMEPA), the Office of Surveillance and Epidemiology (OSE), and the Office of Combination Products (OCP), this course focuses on the analysis of post-market medication error reports and regulatory approaches to prevent medication errors.
- Expanded Exhibit Hall: PVRMS 2020 will feature a full Exhibit Hall this year, with more of the service providers you want to see and more room to explore and network in comfort!
- Clinical Safety and Pharmacovigilance Community Meet and Greet: Tuesday, January 28, 5:30–6:30PM
- Luncheon Round Table Discussions: Continue the conversations at lunch with key thought leaders during our round table instructions. Advance sign up is required to reserve your seat. View the available discussions on Monday and Tuesday through SuperSaaS and register today.
- Short Course 1: Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management Planning
- Short Course 2: Interdisciplinary Safety Evaluation During Product Development
- Short Course 3: Reference Safety Information
- Short Course 4: Introduction to Statistics in Pharmacovigilance
- Short Course 5: Pharmacovigilance for Medication Errors
DIA 2020 Exclusive
RWE, RWD, Emerging Data Sets, Precision Medicine: What Will Improve Health Outcomes and Patient Safety?RSVP Today
Preconference Short Courses
January 26 | 9:00AM-5:00PM
January 26 | 9:00AM-12:30PM
View our infographic to get details on all Courses in one place!
Register for both a morning and afternoon short course and the full conference for $100 off! Registrations must happen at the same time, discounts reflected at checkout.