Measuring Impact in Patient-Centered Drug Development Conference
We’re proud to announce that the Measuring Impact in Patient-Centered Drug Development Conference is Patients Included.
This means that we are committed to incorporating the experience of patients as experts in living with their condition while ensuring they are neither excluded nor exploited.
For more information, visit the Patients Included website.
DIA and the Measuring Impact in Patient-Centered Drug Development Conference Program Committee have assessed that the program successfully meets all five of the Patients Included charter clauses:
Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics, and speakers.
- The Measuring Impact in Patient-Centered Drug Development Conference Program Committee includes patient representation.
Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.
- The program agenda has been structured to incorporate the patient perspective within each topic and, where needed, in dedicated sessions.
- Patients and patient partners with experience or interest in measuring the impact of their involvement in medical product development are featured as speakers, panelists, and discussants throughout the program.
Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised program are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organizers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates.
- Patients invited to speak in breakout sessions will have registration, travel, and accommodation expenses paid in full. Registration, travel, and hotel are paid in advance; per diem may be requested in advance.
- DIA will facilitate the attendance of four patients or patient partners at the Measuring Impact in Patient-Centered Drug Development Conference. Interested patient partners can APPLY HERE by August 1, 2018.
- In addition, the Measuring Impact in Patient-Centered Drug Development Conference offers a special registration fee of $250 if registered by August 31. After September 1, the standard patient registration rate of $400 will apply. Download the Patient Registration Form.
The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates.
- The Measuring Impact in Patient-Centered Drug Development Conference will be held at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center. The facility features accessible entrances, registration, and open areas, meeting rooms, sleeping rooms, parking, and more, and provides assistive devices. For specific questions, please contact the hotel.
Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
- The hashtag #Patient18 will be actively promoted prior to and during the event across social media platforms so participants, as well as those unable to attend the event, can join the conversation and discuss presentations and key takeaways.
- DIA will post speaker presentations to the DIA website prior to the conference and for six months after the conference for viewing and downloading by attendees.
- DIA is exploring the possibilities of audio-recording key panel discussions for wider distribution postconference.