メニュー 戻る Program
General Program Guidelines/Program Participant Recruitment and Support
General guidelines to be followed within each program component:
- Review the Guidelines and Formats for Program Offerings quick guide.
- DIA meetings will be educational, not commercial and promotional. All speakers MUST ensure that their presentation is not of a commercial or promotional nature.
- For-profit organizations or industry, logos are no longer permitted to be included in slide presentations per ACCME Standards for Commercial Support. In addition, speaker clothing may not carry logos or other company-specific emblems. All participants must follow the DIA Policy Concerning Promotion of Products and Services from the Podium.
- DIA does not permit video recording of live sessions.
Program Participant Recruitment:
- Due to the large size and scale of the Global Annual Meeting, it is highly recommended that each session may only have ONE Session Chair. To discuss further, please contact DIA at AnnualMeetingProgram@DIAglobal.org.
- Co-speakers are not permitted.
- DIA does not allow more than one participant from the same company to present within the same program offering (this includes Session Chairs and speakers). Should you believe that having more than one participant from the same company is crucial to your session’s success, requests for session participants, from the same company, may be submitted to DIA, at AnnualMeetingProgram@DIAglobal.org, for consideration. Please note: limiting the number of speakers from the same company is a Continuing Education best practice and mitigates perceived bias from within the audience.
- Session Chairs must ensure good representation/diversity in the selection of speakers/panelists. DIA does not permit manels or otherwise non-diverse groups of speakers.If applicable, government, academia, patient/patient advocate, CSO, and/or industry perspectives should be represented.
- When selecting speakers, please note that the DIA Global Annual Meeting has a global focus, and therefore the program offering should be globally oriented.
- If your session format requires presentations, DIA recommends planning 15-20 minute talks within sessions. E.g. for a 75-minute didactic session: Two minutes to introduce the session, two talks at 20 minutes each (42 minutes) leaving 18 minutes for Q&A. Note: The Q&A portion of the session is very important to our audience.
Inviting Regulatory Agency Speakers:
- Individuals from the following regulatory organizations may NOT be contacted directly to participate: FDA, EMA, European Commission/EU, MHRA, Health Canada, PMDA, and NPMA. Per regulatory agency policy, DIA is to officially request the participation of speakers from these organizations. The session chair is to provide DIA with the requested speaker’s name and topic to be presented as early as possible to ensure the best opportunity for receiving approval from the respective agency. Agency approval can take anywhere from 6-8 weeks depending on when the request is received. Speakers from other organizations not indicated above may be contacted directly by the session chair.
- Meeting registration fee is waived for non-US confirmed full-time regulatory agency speakers.
Note: DIA’s support policy may be subject to change.
Registration Policy – Industry Employees
- All chairs and speakers are offered complementary registration to the Global Annual Meeting on the day(s) of their presentation(s). Chairs and Speakers are eligible to register for the Global Annual Meeting at a significantly reduced rate. As a program participant, you will receive 75% off your current applicable rate. In addition to this savings, we have an extra discount coupon that you can apply to your reduced rate. Save an additional 25% on your reduced rate by opting in to share your contact information with DIA 2021 exhibitors and sponsors before, during, and after the live event. Exhibitor participation in our events are key enabling components for furthering DIA’s mission with the event.
- On Demand session chairs/speakers can opt to access the meeting for any one day during the actual meeting dates (June 27-July 1) of their choice. If they wish to access the full meeting content, they will be expected to register for the meeting at the reduced speaker rate.
- How to register: Click here to register. Please note: Your discounted rate will APPEAR ON THE LAST SCREEN at the END of the purchase. Enter the coupon code OPTIN21 to save an additional 25% on your discounted rate.
Registration Policy – Full Time Regulatory Agency, Academic, Nonprofit Employees, and Qualified Patients
- Full-time government/regulatory agency (except for FDA - the Ethics Committee requires FDA employees to register for the meeting at the applicable rate if they wish to attend the full meeting), academic, and nonprofit employees receive a complimentary registration to the Global Annual Meeting. Instructions for registration will be sent under separate cover in January.
- Please note: all Chairs and speakers are required to register for the meeting. Registration will include early access to the virtual meeting platform, all sessions and activities within the main meeting (June 27-July 1), and 3 months post meeting access to the platform to view session playbacks and further connect with attendees. One day registration is not available via the virtual platform.
- Information coming soon!