Most people think they are effective communicators but how many of us are truly impactful in our communication? This short course will focus on the best practices for effective business communication using the mnemonic “CATCH’EM”:
- Cut to the chase: Punchline comes first, followed by details or justifications
- Anticipate your audience: Research them in advance to establish common ground or purpose
- Talk to reach agreement; email to document agreement, not vice versa
- Clarify your references: Don’t assume others understand your business or jargon
- Hone your ask: Be specific on what you need from your audience, and set a deadline for response
- Enthrall their attention: Use vivid language to illustrate to peak their interest
- Maximize win-win: Make clear how your collaboration will help both parties
Need approval in order to attend?
Download and fill out our Justification Letter to demonstrate to your supervisor why this is a must-attend event.
Enhance your experience and register for two or more short courses at the same time and receive $50 in savings.
Purchase must happen at same time. Discount will be reflected on the last page of the cart.
Upon completion of registration, participants will gain access to the following:
- Live Event Access
- Presentation Slides
- Access to recorded sessions, on demand for 4 months post event
- Define awareness on different ways to communicate
- Describe business and interpersonal communication.