Who Owns My Health Data?
Don't Miss Out!
Get your weekly Breakfast Briefing eNewsletter, filled with news, trends, and vital information from DIA!
DIA members: Sign in below to see content options. Not a member? Enjoy this preview, then see below to join DIA today!
- The ever-increasing volume of digital health data presents new opportunities for clinical research and also presents new challenges for managing personal health information.
- High profile data breaches have heightened consumer sensitivity and awareness around who owns, who uses, and who buys and sells consumer information.
- Although HIPAA regulations provide some sort of a framework for health data usage, they do not include language around data aggregation or data monetization.
- To fully realize the potential of the incredible amount of data available today, researchers must align patient priorities with scientific priorities and engage with patients throughout the development continuum.
- Full Video, Transcript and Audio-only Version Available