Track 12: Value and Access
The healthcare landscape is evolving into one assessed on value, and there is a need to understand the impact of this movement on all stakeholders – providers, payers, biopharma, and ultimately patients. Value and access to medicines are complex issues that require analysis from health economic and philosophical perspectives. The Value and Access track will bring together global regulators, industry leaders, academics, patients, and payers who will facilitate discussions and address questions such as:
- What information and evidence are being used to define value?
- What are the ethical considerations when determining access to medical products?
- How do strategies that increase diversity and inclusion in clinical trial research improve access to medicines? Who is making or influencing access decisions?
- How can bioethics be used to improve the drug development process?
- How can real-world data be leveraged to drive access to medicines?
- What are the regulatory and legal considerations surrounding value-based contracting conversations with payers?