An additional registration fee is required for all preconference tutorials. Register today for this tutorial.
Risk communication is increasingly important to everyone involved in our health care system, especially the patients whose lives we strive to improve. This tutorial will look at current initiatives and new strategies to advance the safe use of drugs. The current status and future of Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) in the US will be discussed, and compared with Risk Management Plans in Europe and Japan.
What You Will Learn:
- Current state of risk communication in the United States
- Health literacy, risk perception, and other safety communication issues
- New strategies to improve understanding of drug safety concerns among health care providers and to promote better communication to patients
- The development of risk evaluation and mitigation strategies (REMS) in the US
- How US REMS with risk management plans compare with those of Europe and Japan
- The importance of good communication during a crisis situation.
Who should attend?
- Describe current risk communication strategies;
- Discuss the development of REMS in the US;
- Explain new methods to improve the proper use of medicines to maximize patient benefit and minimize risk;
- Discuss the future of drug safety and risk communication especially during a crisis situation.