Discovery and Pre-Clinical Phases
The Discovery and Pre-Clinical Phases module (formerly titled Discovery and Preclinical Testing Phases) is part of the DIA Drug Development and Lifecycle Management eLearning Program. In this module, learners focus on how companies advance potential drug candidates through the earliest stages of research, from therapeutic target to readiness for clinical studies.
Estimated time to complete module: 1 hour
This eLearning module can be purchased individually or as part of the Drug Development and Lifecycle Management eLearning Program.
- Discovery Activities
- The Pre-Clinical Phase
Who should attend?
This module is designed for individuals who are new to, or changing roles in, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The module will also benefit professionals who work in the areas of:
- Clinical Research
- Project Management
- Administrative Support
- Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Affairs
- Medical writing
- Business Support
Upon completion of this module, learners should be able to:
- Describe discovery activities
- Explain how toxicology studies are conducted
- Discuss drug substance production and drug product formulation activities
- Describe the functions of good manufacturing and laboratory practices
- Explain how biomarkers and surrogate endpoints are used