*Short Course requires separate registration
Short Course Registration: 1:30-5:00PM
This half-day short course will focus on the analysis of post-market medication error reports and regulatory approaches to prevent medication errors. The course will use a case-based instructional model to cover the principles of medication error pharmacovigilance, case assessment, and the application of regulations and guidances to design labels and labeling to prevent medication errors.
- Describe the differences and similarities between adverse event and medication error pharmacovigilance
- Apply best practices to code and retrieve medication error reports
- Assess reports to determine the type of medication error and causes or contributing factors
- Adjudicate combination product reports related to device malfunction and usability (use error/device difficult to use)
- Design user interfaces (e.g., labels, labeling) to prevent medication errors
Register for both a morning and afternoon short course and the full conference for $100 off! Registrations must happen at the same time, discounts reflected at checkout.