*Short Courses are not included in the meeting registration and require a separate fee.
Short Course Registration: 12:30-5:00PM
This short course will provide an overview of analyzing common sources of real world data (RWD) from the United States (US) for those who are interested in real world evidence (RWE). The intended audience for this short course includes data science professionals from biopharmaceuticals, consulting companies, academia, government, or policy groups, who may be involved with RWE, health economics and outcomes research, pharmacoepidemiology, clinical development, medical affairs, and related functions. This course will discuss the regulatory framework for RWE in the US, common sources of RWD that are available to biopharmaceutical companies through licensing agreements (eg, de-identified medical claims), common use cases for RWD within biopharmaceutical companies, case studies involving analyses of RWD, as well as challenges and opportunities for data science to facilitate the analysis of RWD.
- Discuss regulatory framework for RWE and RWD in the US
- Identify common types of RWD available through licensing agreements in the US
- Describe common use cases for RWD in biopharmaceutical companies in the US
- Synthesize case studies involving analyses of RWD
- Evaluate challenges and opportunities for data science to facilitate the analysis of RWD