This conference is a yearly event organised by the EFGCP Children Medicines Working Party in collaboration with DIA and Regulators to take stock of the progress achieved in the paediatric field after ten years of Paediatric Regulation
This year’s conference focuses on what could be done to optimise children’s access to new medicines.
“Access” can be broadly defined as:
- Inclusion of paediatric patients into clinical trials
- Health authority approval of a new medicine and
- Children’s access to a medicine that has been approved by regulators.
- Keynotes by Francoise Grossetête, Member of the European Parliament, and Andrzej Rys, Director of Health Systems and Products, European Commission
- Interactive breakout sessions for participants to actively engage in identifying innovative solutions to address access issues specific to paediatric subpopulations, such as adolescents, or neonates.
- Q&A session with members of the EMA Paediatric committee (PDCO), moderated by Dr Dirk Mentzer (PDCO chair) will help understand PDCO specific activities and priorities, and address questions from the audience.
- NEW! Poster Session where presenting authors of the winning posters will have the possibility to publish an abstract of their work in “Therapeutic Innovation & Regulatory Science” magazine.
Visit the EFGCP event page to learn more and to register to the event.
Dimitrios Athanasiou, MBA • Patient Advocate
WORLD DUCHENNE ORGANIZATION (WDO) , MDA HELLAS, Greece
Christina Bucci-Rechtweg, MD • Global Head, Pediatric and Maternal Health Policy, Drug Regulatory Affairs
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, United States
Solange Corriol-Rohou, DrMed, MD, PhD • Senior Director, Global Regulatory Affairs & Policy, Europe
Astrazeneca Research & Development, France
Martine Dehlinger-Kremer, PhD • Vice President, Pediatric Development
Synteact, United States
Sabine Fuerst Recktenwald, MD • Global Development Team Leader
F.HOFFMANN LA ROCHE LTD, Switzerland
Angelika Joos, MPharm • Executive Director, Global Regulatory Policy
MSD (Europe) Inc., Belgium