DIA Housing Now Open!
DIA encourages you to select an official DIA hotel for your stay.
Track 10: Value and Access
With 9 sessions specific to Value and Access, this track was developed out of recent concerns about escalating drug prices and rising health care spending. These issues have generated considerable interest in medical product development and access to medicines.
The landscape is evolving into one assessed on value, and there is a need to understand the impact of this movement on all stakeholders – providers, payers, biopharma, and ultimately patients. The Value and Access track will bring together global regulators, industry leaders, and payers who will facilitate discussions and address questions such as:
- Who is making or influencing access decisions?
- What are the regulatory and legal considerations surrounding value-based contracting conversations with payers?
- What information and evidence is being used to define value?
- How can real-world data be leveraged to drive access to medicines?
DIA recommends this track and associated sessions to payers, health economics outcomes researchers, health economists, statisticians, data modelers, clinical researchers, and postmarket professionals.
Highlights in Value and Access
Sessions in Value and Access
Monday, June 19
The Evolution of Evidence Generation: Real-World Evidence and the Next Generation of Decision-Making
- Breaking Down the Wall for FDA to Leverage Real-World Data
Tuesday, June 20
- Outcomes Standardization: An Imperative to Value Assessments
- Comparative Effectiveness: State of the Art and Stakeholder Perspectives
- Breaking Down the Wall for Global Regulators to Leverage Real-World Data
- Value and Access for Special Populations: From Access Restriction to Drug Mortgages
Wednesday, June 21
Pipeline to Value: Decoding Payer Science
- Real-World Data to Real-World Evidence for Assessing Efficacy and Effectiveness
- The Increasing Role for Big Data for Late Phase Drug and Postapproval Purposes
- Value-Based Conversations with Payers: Issues, Opportunities, and Barriers
- Biosimilars and Generics: Access Versus Innovation
More on Value and Access: How We Think at DIA
Read the latest insights on Value and Access from DIA's digital magazine, the Global Forum, and DIA’s print journal, Therapeutic Innovation and Regulatory Science (TIRS).