Menu Back to About-the-Location
DIA Housing Now Open!
DIA encourages you to select an official DIA hotel for your stay.
DIA 2017 Comes to Chicago, IL!
The most convenient entrance to DIA 2017 is Gate 4, at 2301 South Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, adjacent to the entrance of the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place.
History and Health Care in Chicago
- Chicago is home to major biotech, pharmaceutical, and chemical companies
- The first open heart surgery was performed in Chicago in 1893
- Two of the world’s most respected scientific research facilities, Argonne National Laboratory and Fermilab, are headquartered in Chicago
- Chicago is home to many of the highest rated medical institutions in the nation including Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Lurie Children’s Hospital
- There are more than 10,000 practicing physicians in Illinois
- The University Of Chicago Pritzker School Of Medicine is one of the country’s best medical programs
- Lurie Children’s Hospital is ranked #6 best Children’s Hospital in the nation
- There are over 650 hospitals in the Chicago area
General Information on Chicago
- #2 Best Big City in the US (Condé Naste Traveler 2016)
- #2 Meetings Destination in the US (Cvent Top 50 Meetings Destination 2016)
- #4 Destination in the US (Trip Advisor’s 2016 Travelers’ Choice Awards)
- 1,300 daily direct flights
For the Foodies
- Alinea- #1 restaurant in the world (Elite Traveler)
- Monteverde- One of Top 10 Best Restaurants of the Year (Food & Wine Magazine 2016)
- 22 Michelin Star-Rated Restaurants in 2016
- 60+ craft breweries
- 5,195 restaurants
For the Creative
- Art Institute of Chicago- #2 Museum in the World and #2 Museum in the US (Trip Advisor Travelers Choice)
- 56 museums
- 250+ theatre companies
For the Shopper
- #2 Best City in the US for Shopping (Travel + Leisure)