Excellence in Service Award
Director, Regional Labeling Head for Asia
International Labeling Group
Pfizer Japan Inc.
Rie Matsui is currently Director, Regional Labeling Head for Asia, International Labeling Group, Worldwide Safety & Regulatory, Pfizer Japan. She has established Asia Labeling Hub at Pfizer in July 2012 and the Asia Labeling Hub has created local label updates for more than 20 countries in Asia ever since its launch and she works with 14 affiliates in Asia. Previously, she was a Senior Manager for Post-marketing Regulatory Department at Pfizer Japan. She has driven Japan labeling for global pharmaceutical products within Pfizer since 1993. She led responses to support post-marketing label changes in Japan arising from both new data and regulatory requests. In addition, she has successfully led development of Japan submission labels for new global products. She is a proponent of proactive collaboration between global teams and local teams in labeling management and risk management plans prior to PMDA submissions.Apart from her roles in Pfizer, she is a fundamental member of SIAC (now community) for the global labeling working group. Furthermore, since 2012 she has been a member of the content committee in DIA Japan and has contributed enormously to establishing new workshops/ trainings in Japan.
- DIA, Contents committee member (2012-present) DIA, Program committee member of Global Labeling conferences (2012 and 2014)
- DIA, Program committee member of US and International Prescription Drug Labeling conference (2010)
- DIA, Program chair of 4th and 5th Labeling workshops in Japan (2014 and 2015)
- DIA, Program committee member of 1st, 2nd and 3rd Labeling workshops in Japan (2011-2013)
- DIA, Program committee member of 1st and 2nd Risk Management workshop in Japan (2014 and 2015)
- DIA, Facilitator of 1st Risk Management and Safety Communication training in Japan (2015)
- DIA, Session chair of 5th China annual meeting (2013)
2015 Inspire Award Winners
MD, PhD • President’s Award for Outstanding Contribution to Global Health
PhD • Global Connector Award