Time to Save!
Enhance your experience and register for the full conference, and two short courses at the same time and receive $100 in savings.Purchase must happen at same time. Discount will be reflected on the last page of the cart.
Short Course requires Pre-Registration and is an additional fee.
This (mainly) formula-free half day course will provide a basic introduction to statistics and probability which will be applied in the context of drug safety. Topics to be covered include:
- Understanding denominators and numerators
- Measuring and presenting risk
- Comparing risks: introduction to absolute risk, risk ratios, odds ratios, and hazard ratios – when, why, and what to look for
- Understanding variability, confidence intervals, p-values, and significance
- Meta-analysis vs. pooled analysis
- Common statistics abuses in PV
At the conclusion of this short course, participants should be able to:
- Define and explain the significance of denominators and numerators
- Discuss common approaches to measuring and presenting risk
- Describe standard methods of comparing risks, including absolute risk, risk ratios, odds ratios, and hazard ratios – when, why, and what to look for
- Explain the concepts of variability, confidence intervals, p-values, and significance
- Compare Meta-analysis vs. pooled analysis
- Recognize common statistics abuses in PV