Discovery and Pre-Clinical Phases
The Discovery and Pre-Clinical Phases module is part of the DIA Drug Development and Lifecycle Management eLearning Program. In this module, learners focus on how companies advance potential drug candidates through the earliest stages of research, from therapeutic target to readiness for clinical studies.
Estimated time to complete module: 1 hour
This eLearning module can be purchased individually or as part of the Drug Development and Lifecycle Management eLearning Program.
- Discovery Activities
- The Pre-Clinical Phase
Who should attend?
This module is designed for individuals who are new to, or changing roles in, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The module will also benefit professionals who work in the areas of:
- Clinical Research
- Project Management
- Administrative Support
- Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Affairs
- Medical writing
- Business Support
Upon completion of this module, learners should be able to:
- List discovery activities
- Recognize how toxicology studies are conducted
- Identify drug substance production and drug product formulation activities
- Determine the functions of good manufacturing and laboratory practices
- Recognize how biomarkers and surrogate endpoints are used