Menu Back toSession 10 Track 1 and 2 – Alternative Approaches to Other Extrahepatic Delivery
Don't Miss Out!
Get your weekly Breakfast Briefing eNewsletter, filled with news, trends, and vital information from DIA!
DIA/FDA Oligonucleotide-Based Therapeutics Conference
Session 10 Track 1 and 2 – Alternative Approaches to Other Extrahepatic Delivery
Andrew Slugg, MBA, MS
- Senior Vice President, Global Head of Regulatory Affairs
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, United States
Elena Braithwaite, PhD
- FDA, United States
Targeted delivery of oligonucleotide-based therapeutics allows for the possibility of unlocking previously inaccessible targets, enhancing target engagement leading to increased therapeutic outcomes with reduced doses and the potential for fewer off-target effects. This session will discuss a number of emerging novel targeting and delivery strategies for increasing productive uptake into a variety of cell types that normally are challenging to reach with oligonucleotide therapeutics.
Learning Objective : At the conclusion of this session, participants should be able to:
- Identify multiple emerging novel targeting strategies for oligonucleotides
- Discuss different strategies for targeting novel cell-types with oligonucleotides
- Contrast the development challenges and opportunities of a variety of emerging novel targeting strategies for oligonucleotides
Arthur A. Levin, PhD
- Avidity Biosciences , United States
Robert MacLeod, PhD
- Chief Scientific Officer, SVP Research and Development
- Flamingo Therapeutics, Belgium
Daniel J. Siegwart, PhD, MS
- Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry, SCCC
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, United States