Digital Technology in Clinical Trials
Exhibitor Event/Non-CE Sponsored Round Table
- ZS, United States
- Senior Director of Client Solutions
- ZS Medullen, United States
*This course requires a Separate RSVP.
Round Table hosted by ZS: Wearables in Clinical Trials
Sensor-based wearable devices are becoming a common feature of decentralized clinical trials, allowing researchers to collect accurate activity data from trial participants through the course of a study. With the growing importance of quality of life and activity metrics as primary and secondary endpoints, wearables offer a new window to the daily lives of patients. They may improve trial participation and improve adherence to investigational medications. However, choosing, implementing, and supporting the optimal wearables for a planned study can be challenging to stakeholders, especially as technology options and requirements continue to evolve. Join this discussion to learn and share what it takes to adopt wearables in clinical trials.
- What are the biggest challenges?
- How do you pick the right wearables?
- How do you know that wearables are validated against measures you care about?
- How do you pilot, proof of concept wearables before investing in a large trial?
- Where can sponsors collaborate to modify primary endpoint from traditional endpoint to novel digital endpoint?
- How do you ensure that wearables don’t overburden the patient?
Preconference Short Courses
Digital Technology in Clinical Trials Resource Kit