Menu Back toSession 1: MRCT during COVID and post COVID
Don't Miss Out!
Get your weekly Breakfast Briefing eNewsletter, filled with news, trends, and vital information from DIA!
DIA Asia 2021-The Evolution Of Clinical Trials And Regulatory Science In A Post-Pandemic Digital World In Asia
Session 1: MRCT during COVID and post COVID
Jing Ping Yeo, PhD
- Vice President- Asia Pacific head
- Cytel International , Singapore
Jessica Liu, MD
- Vice President, Head of International Business
- Tigermed Consulting Co., Ltd, China
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused major disruptions to execution of clinical trials worldwide, impacting all stakeholders across the clinical research industry. The regulatory agencies, ethics committee, researchers and investigative sites have demonstrated flexibility and ingenuity in adopting new approaches in managing and mitigating the challenges presented by COVID-19. These new approaches include (i) organisational preparedness; (ii) virtual trial conduct or decentralised trials which utilise the remote technologies (econsent, recruitment, drug distribution, teleconsult, remote data collection); (iii) remote oversight (monitoring, audit) of clinical trials; (iv) innovative protocol redesign. The considerations in embarking these approaches will be reviewed, from sponsors, CROs, regulators and sites perspectives. As the COVID-19 pandemic subsides, the benefits to remote management will continue to grow its adoption into post-COVID clinical trial designs and conducts, eventually becoming the industry new normal.
Facilitation of Clinical Research Through Collaboration And Mitigating Gaps In Innovation
- Partner, Global Healthcare Co-Head
- L.E.K Consulting , Singapore
Paradigm of complex innovative Clinical Trial Design during and post COVID-19
Daniel Millar, MBA
- Senior Director, Strategic Business Transformation Quantitative Sciences
- Janssen Research & Development, United States
Industry practice using virtual clinical trials
Jing Liu, MD
- Vice President and Head of Medical Services APAC
- PAREXEL International, Japan