Menu Back toImpact of COVID-19 on Clinical Trial Execution
Don't Miss Out!
Get your weekly Breakfast Briefing eNewsletter, filled with news, trends, and vital information from DIA!
DIA 2021 Global Annual Meeting
Impact of COVID-19 on Clinical Trial Execution
Mary Jo Lamberti, PhD, MA
- Associate Director of Sponsored Research, Research Assistant Professor
- Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development, United States
Senior clinical operations executives at major pharmaceutical and biotech companies within the US shared their insights and lessons learned regarding transition to remote and virtual clinical trials due to COVID-19 through in-depth interviews.
Learning Objective : Describe how COVID-19 has impacted the execution of ongoing clinical trials at pharmaceutical and biotech organizations, including remote and virtual approaches adopted; Discuss how the pandemic will influence clinical trial development in the long-term including increased use of telehealth and other technologies.
Supporting Clinical Trial Recruitment During COVID-19
Melanie Goodwin, MS, MSc
- Director, Patient Recruitment Programs
- Pfizer Inc, United States
Decentralized Trials Scale and Commitment Following the Pandemic
Craig H Lipset, MPH
- Decentralized Trials & Research Alliance, United States