Menu Back toSession-6-New-Platforms-for-Clinical-Research-Purposes
Don't Miss Out!
Get your weekly Breakfast Briefing eNewsletter, filled with news, trends, and vital information from DIA!
Real World Evidence Conference
Session 6: New Platforms for Clinical Research Purposes
Debra Schaumberg, DrSc, MPH
- Vice President, Epidemiology & Head Strategic and Scientific Affairs
- Evidera|Ppd, United States
Data from traditional RCT are often insufficient at the time of product approval for considerations concerning patient access, real-world effectiveness, and safety of drugs and devices. The rapid and continuous development of information infrastructures and capabilities has resulted in an explosion in the amount and quality of RWD and linkages that have expanded the possibilities for how RWD can be built into RWE to inform decisions. This session will introduce the rapid emergence of RWD platforms to enable RWE generation from both retrospective and prospective study designs. Speakers will cover how to leverage such resources to build fit-for-purpose evidence to inform decisions by regulators, payers, providers, and patients.
Learning Objective : At the conclusion of this session, participants should be able to:
- Describe relevant use cases for RWD platforms and the types of research questions they can best address
- Discuss relevant examples of data platforms to support RWE generation
- Identify challenges with data platforms associated with limitations of evidence generation and opportunities to address them
Embrace the RWE Era in China: Trends, Challenges, and Solutions
- Head of RWE Solutions and HEOR
- Happy Life Technology, United States
New Platforms for Clinical Research Purposes
Michelle Longmire, MD
- Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer
- Medable Inc., United States
Introduction to the MIT NEWDIGS “LEAPS Project”
Gigi Hirsch, MD
- Executive Director
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Center for Biomedical Innovation, United States