Menu Back toS12-What-is-Expected-to-MA-MSL
16th DIA Japan Annual Meeting 2019
[S12] What is Expected to MA/MSL?
Yasuyuki Katayama, MD, PhD
- Corporate Officer, Country Medical Director and Head of Medical Japan
- Pfizer Japan Inc., Japan
Many pharmaceutical companies are reinforcing function of Medical affairs in recent years. In particular, MA/MSL are the core function within medical activity and they have various responsibilities or skills. Also, some groups of pharmaceutical industry made a statement about role or responsibility of MA/MSL. In this session, speakers from academia, pharmaceutical companies and regulatory authority will share their perspective on expectation to MA/MSL. The workshop is designed to discuss what is expected to MA/MSL with participants. D ring this workshop, we will be able to identify common sense or gaps about role of MA/MSL among pharmaceutical industry groups and to clarify position or responsibility of MA/MSL in Japan.
What is Medical Affairs or Medical Science Liaison? -Questions from Medical Doctor-
Toshiya Nishibe, MD, PhD
- Professor, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery
- Tokyo Medical University, Japan
How MA/MSL Should Be?
Takamasa Horio, JD
- Legal Advisor, Compliance and Narcotics Division
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW), Japan
Consensus Statement on MA / MSL activities
Takeshi Nishimura, PhD
- Senior Director, Medical Affairs Regional Function Head
- Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd., Japan
How MA/MSL Good Look Like? – PhRMA Perspective-
Takeshi Imaoka, MD, PhD
- Senior Director, Database Research Medicine Development Unit
- Eli Lilly Japan K.K., Japan