DIA 2017 is located at:
2301 South Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
Poster Presentation Guidelines
Confirm Your Participation
- Please review and follow the instructions outlined in your disposition email to confirm your participation* as a poster presenter no later than:
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017 for Professional Posters
- Friday, April 21, 2017 for Student Posters
- Upon confirmation of your participation, DIA will provide the poster session date and poster number assigned by the end of April.
- The designated author/onsite presenter must register for the meeting by Tuesday, April 18, 2017. The designated author/onsite presenter will be offered a 10% discount off their registration fee (this discount does not apply to multiple authors).
- If you are traveling from outside the United States to Chicago, IL, we kindly request that you check your travel documentation and requirements to travel to the United States. If an official letter of invitation is required to participate, please send an email with your request to annualmeetingprogram@DIAglobal.org by Friday, April 28, 2017.
*Please note: If none of the authors are able to attend the meeting, the poster must be withdrawn from the program. An author may not represent more than one poster in this year’s program.
Poster Board Specifications
- DIA will provide the following for poster presentations:
- Freestanding 8ft. (L) x 4ft. (H) poster board.
- One chair
- Push pins
- Presenters must prepare a poster to fit a usable space of 3.5 ft. x 7.5 ft. poster board (three and a half feet high by seven and a half feet wide).
- Posters made of heavy laminated materials usually take more than one person to set up and require many push pins to hang. Please consider using lighter weight materials.
- Materials must be easily read at a distance of 4ft. As a rule of thumb, use a font size of at least 14 point and double space.
- When choosing a background, remember that neutral or gray colors will be easier on the eyes than a bright color. In addition, color photos look best when mounted on gray.
- All poster presentations must be noncommercial and scientific in nature. Poster presentations may not be used as a marketing opportunity.
- Any mention of drug products must be limited to generic names, and not include logos or brand names in any area of the poster, including poster titles and handouts. Please refer to the DIA Policy Concerning Promotion of Products and Services from the Podium at DIA Sponsored Programs
- Suggested items to bring:
- Presenters are encouraged to prepare 25 copies of their poster and/or abstract for attendee distribution at the meeting.
- Business cards for distribution and for networking opportunities.
Please Note: The presenter must organize any special shipping arrangements needed. DIA will be unable to ship or store any material. DO NOT SHIP YOUR POSTER TO THE CONVENTION CENTER.
- Suggested arrangement for poster layout
- Display Disclosure Panel on lower right corner of your poster
Author(s) of this presentation have the following to disclose concerning possible financial or personal relationships with commercial entities that may have a direct or indirect interest in the subject matter of this presentation:
John Doe: Nothing to disclose
Jane Brown: Consultant – Apex Pharmaceuticals
Carl Jones: Nothing to disclose
Michael Smith: Member – ABC Speaker’s Bureau
Electronic Poster Submission
An electronic version of your poster will be uploaded to the DIA 2017 Annual Meeting presentation website for registered attendees to view prior to the meeting.
The deadline to submit an electronic poster is June 12, 2017. Instructions on how to upload your poster will be available in late April.
Please ensure you have your company’s approval to provide an electronic copy of your poster before the deadline of June 12, 2017.
Posters will be displayed in the Exhibit Hall of the McCormick Place Convention Center during the following times:
Monday, June 19, 2017 | 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Student Posters)
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Professional Posters)
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Professional Posters)
Posters must be displayed on your assigned date only and remain on the board until the end of the day.
Poster presenters must be in attendance to answer questions about your abstract during your scheduled poster session presentation date and time.
Monday, June 19, 2017 | 12:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. AND 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Student Posters)
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 | 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. AND 12:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. (Professional Posters)
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 | 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. AND 12:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. (Professional Posters)
Posters should be mounted on the assigned poster board a ½ hour before the opening of the Exhibit Hall on the scheduled day of your presentation. Posters remain on the boards for the full day assigned. In order to enter the Exhibit Hall for set-up, you will need your registration badge and a copy of your disposition email.
Posters must be set-up on the day of your presentation between the following times:
Monday, June 19, 2017 | 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. (Student Posters)
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 | 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. (Professional Posters)
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 | 8:30 a.m – 9:00 a.m. (Professional Posters)
Posters must be dismantled on the day of your presentation between the following times:
Monday, June 19, 2017 | 6:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. (Student Posters)
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 | 5:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. (Professional Posters)
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 | 4:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. (Professional Posters)
Any posters that are not removed are not the responsibility of DIA or the Convention Center and will be discarded.
Certificate of Presentation
A Certificate of Presentation will be presented to you onsite.
Announcing Your Participation*
Connect and engage with attendees prior to Chicago, IL through social media.Follow @DrugInfoAssn and #DIA2017 for real-time updates
Join the 34,000+ members to stay informed and connect
Post Your Pictures on Instagram
Like @DrugInfoAssn on Facebook
Browse videos on DIA’s YouTube channel