メニュー 戻る Program
General Program Guidelines/Program Participant Recruitment and Support
General guidelines to be followed within each program component:
- Review the Guidelines and Formats for Program Offerings quick guide.
- DIA meetings will be educational, not commercial and promotional. All speakers MUST ensure that their presentation is not of a commercial or promotional nature.
- For-profit organizations or industry, logos are no longer permitted to be included in slide presentations per ACCME Standards for Commercial Support. In addition, speaker clothing may not carry logos or other company-specific emblems. All participants must follow the DIA Policy Concerning Promotion of Products and Services from the Podium.
- DIA does not permit video recording of live sessions. If you wish to video record a speaker’s presentation, please contact AnnualMeetingProgram@DIAglobal.org to make arrangements.
Program Participant Recruitment:
- Program participants will receive complimentary registration for DIA 2020 only on the day they are presenting. To attend all days of the meeting, program participants may register at the discounted rate of $295.
- Due to the large size and scale of the Global Annual Meeting, it is highly recommended that each session has only ONE Session Chair. To discuss further, please contact DIA at AnnualMeetingProgram@DIAglobal.org.
- Co-speakers are not permitted.
- DIA does not allow more than one participant from the same company to present within the same program offering (this includes Session Chairs and speakers). Should you believe that having more than one participant from the same company is crucial to your session’s success, requests for session participants, from the same company, may be submitted to DIA, at AnnualMeetingProgram@DIAglobal.org, for consideration. Please note: limiting the number of speakers from the same company is a Continuing Education best practice and mitigates perceived bias from within the audience.
- Session Chairs must ensure good representation/diversity in the selection of speakers/panelists. If applicable, government, academia, patient/patient advocate, CSO, and/or industry perspectives should be represented.
- When selecting speakers, please note that the DIA Global Annual Meeting has a global focus, and therefore the program offering should be globally oriented.
- If your session format requires presentations, DIA recommends planning 15-20 minute talks within sessions. E.g. for a 75-minute didactic session: Two minutes to introduce the session, three talks at 20 minutes each (45 minutes) leaving 26 minutes for Q&A. Note: The Q&A portion of the session is very important to our audience.
Inviting Regulatory Agency Speakers:
- Individuals from the following regulatory organizations may NOT be contacted directly to participate: FDA, EMA, European Commission/EU, MHRA, PMDA, and NPMA. Per regulatory agency policy, DIA is to officially request the participation of speakers from these organizations. The session chair is to provide DIA with the requested speaker’s name and topic to be presented as early as possible to ensure the best opportunity for receiving approval from the respective agency. Agency approval can take anywhere from 6-8 weeks depending on when the request is received. Speakers from other organizations not indicated above may be contacted directly by the session chair.
- Meeting registration fee is waived for confirmed full-time regulatory agency speakers.