Patient Engagement Evaluation and Metrics
Capturing the ‘return on engagement’ is complex given the many factors that influence the impact of patient engagement. How to design a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) system that goes beyond tracking activities and single metrics? How do you know whether you are on track reaching your objectives? This course provides different approaches to ‘what’ could be evaluated with respect to patient engagement and ‘how’, including sample sets of metrics and participatory methodologies. Learn how to show results of patient engagement efforts and make sure your system enables learning by all stakeholders to enhance patient engagement practices.
This module takes an average of 3.5 hours to complete.
- Why Evaluate Patient Engagement?
- What is Evaluation?
- What to Evaluate?
- What Methods can be Used in Evaluating Patient Engagement?
- How to Use and Report Data?
- Putting It into Action
This program is designed for professionals involved in:
- Patient Advocacy, Engagement, Experience, and Access
- Study Endpoint Development
- Clinical Trial Design and Optimization
- Medical Affairs/Medical Communications
- Patient Communications
- Patient Support Services
- Health Evaluation and Outcomes Research
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- State the importance of evaluation of patient-focused/patient engagement efforts
- Identify the key principles of evaluation
- Discuss the elements of patient-focused/patient engagement efforts that can be evaluated: Process, Quality, Outcomes, Return
- Describe the evaluation methods often used for each element of patient-focused/patient engagement efforts
- Explain the methods used to develop data sources for patient engagement evaluation
- Describe how to use the information gathered from representative patients to evaluate and validate other findings gathered from HCPs, surveys, and health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) data
- Identify analysis and reporting of patient engagement evaluation data
- Describe effective dissemination and use of results of patient engagement evaluation both with internal teams and with external (patient, patient organization) participants
- Discuss the process for developing patient engagement metrics, including setting objectives, defining expected outcomes, and identifying relevant measures