Call for Engage and Exchange Facilitators
Deadline: February 22
- Engage and Exchange (E&E) sessions are 60 minutes to an audience of no more than 50 people, with content focused on case studies and solving real-world problems in a collaborative environment.
- It will take place in a dynamic workspace within the Exhibit Hall, during exhibit hours.
- Facilitators will be responsible for encouraging participants to recall and analyze information, share their personal experiences, draw conclusions, and/or practice new skills. The focus of an E&E session is to have the attendees work together, and the role of the presenter(s) is to facilitate these discussions with less emphasis on a didactic presentation.
- Facilitators will begin with a 10-15 minute presentation that is followed by 30 minutes of dedicated small group discussion (breakout groups) and concludes with 15-20 minutes of sharing and open discussion.
- Facilitators must adhere to DIA guidelines (see Program Development Guidelines and DIA Policy Concerning Promotion of Products and Services from the Podium at DIA-Sponsored Programs), as well as to manage the E&E session.
- E&Es may have up to two (2) facilitators.
- A Handout(s) are permitted for interactivity. A final version of the handout(s) must be submitted to DIA by Tuesday, May 8.
Abstract Submission Site Information
In preparation for completing the submission form, please review our general submission requirements and this sample workshop abstract submission form.
All E&E proposals must be submitted via the online submission site by 11:59 PM ET on February 22. Notifications will begin the week of March 15.
Engage and Exchange sessions will be scheduled Monday, June 25-Wednesday, June 27. Please note, all accepted E&E facilitators must be registered for the DIA 2018 Global Annual Meeting prior to attending the meeting.
For questions regarding the Engage and Exchange, please contact Brittany.Ceriani@DIAglobal.org.