Complimentary - Leveraging Real World Evidence to Drive Patient Access and Affordable Care
This Solution Provider Webinar is brought to you by DIA in cooperation with
Real World Data (RWD) is defined as data collected outside the controlled constraints of conventional randomized clinical trials to evaluate what is occurring in routine clinical practice. One of the characteristics of RWD is large sample size along with heterogeneity which needs to be accounted for in the study design and data analytics. Use of RWD is becoming more widespread across various stakeholders and for investigating various therapeutic areas including rare diseases.
In addition, the implementation of electronic medical records, as well as technological advances that have allowed for the safe storage and sharing of data, have provided an unparalleled opportunity to gather and use RWD to inform decision-making in healthcare and help in optimizing the entire drug life cycle.
However, there are specific challenges in implementing an RWE-based model, which requires effective strategies for optimum use. Variation or failure to code disease and differences in missing data across patients and time, as well as data not being captured at all, require dedicated involvement on the part of researchers. Understanding how to identify and account for any biases, as well as the incomplete variable coverage, presents a significant challenge for researchers using RWD. In this webinar, you will listen to Subject Matter Experts from Roche, Janssen Global Scientific Affairs and Novo Nordisk as they discuss these challenges and share their best practices for pharmaceutical and medical device products.
Continuing Education Credits are not available for this event.
- Trends, opportunities and challenges of using RWE
- How to leverage RWE to drive patient access
Who should attend?
- Heads of RWE and HEOR from pharmaceutical and medical device companies
- Clinical and R&D professionals from pharmaceutical and medical device companies
- NHS, Government Organizations
- Patient Health Organizations and Associations
- Understand the current landscape and opportunities of RWE in various market archetypes
- Recognize how RWE can be used to enhance patient access