Continuing Education Credit is not available on archived webinars.
This archive is available for purchase through May 21, 2015.
Duration: 1 hour 36 minutes
This webinar will address strategies, tools and initiatives for improving patient engagement and communication in order to support a patient-focused drug development process. A major challenge for the pharmaceutical industry and regulators is how to make benefit and risk information accurate, understandable and available so that doctors can interpret and present this data in a manner that will allow patients to make an informed decision about their care. Another challenge is how to ensure that patients have a clear voice for input into the drug development process from the clinical trial design phase through post-approval. The presenters will provide input from an industry, patient organization and regulator perspective and will share recommendations for how to improve this communication gap.
Who should attend?
Professionals, Patient Advocates and Patient Groups who are involved in:
- Drug Safety/Pharmacovigilance
- Patient Engagement
- Risk Management
- Medical Product Safety Assessment
- Regulatory Affairs
- Clinical Research
- Medical Information
- Health Outcomes
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Discuss how to improve communication and engagement with patients to ensure a patient-focused drug development process from clinical trial initiation through post-approval.
- Describe tools to help patients understand questions to ask regarding the benefits and risks of their treatment and/or therapies
- Examine how patients may contribute to the development of risk management policies in the future
Ways to register
- Individual registration is a license for ONE internet login allowing one viewer.
- Group site registration is a license for ONE internet login allowing multiple viewers from one location.
- Group Plus is a license for up to FIVE internet logins allowing one or more viewers at each login location.
Cancellations: No refunds will be provided in the event of a participant’s cancellation since all costs for this webinar have been prepaid by DIA. DIA reserves the right to modify or cancel programs and/or substitute presenters or panelists. DIA is not responsible for failure to deliver programs due to circumstances beyond its control.
Participants with Disabilities: Reasonable accommodations will be made available to persons with disabilities who attend an educational activity. Contact the DIA office in writing at least 15 days prior to event to indicate your needs.