We are in the 10th year of the Annual European Medical Information and Communications Conference. This is a unique meeting organised by medical information professionals for medical information professionals. Each year, speakers share hands-on experience dealing with current challenges as well as successes in medical information departments. Participants are encouraged to take part in the interactive workshop sessions and discussions happening throughout the conference. This conference is the one and only European forum dedicated to medical information and communications, making it the premier opportunity to network, exchange learnings, and share best practices.
- Moving from traditional phone- and email-based channels to innovative digital channels to disseminate medical information
- Examples of successes in digital presented by the most advanced players
- Comparison between pharmaceuticals and medical devices – can the same strategies be used, or is a different approach needed?
- Regulatory and legal issues: developments since the rejection of Safe Harbor – what’s the impact of the new data privacy rules in Europe (Data privacy shield)
- How to optimise collaboration between MSL and MedInfo roles
- Effects of globalisation on different roles? How much localisation and how much globalisation is suitable?
Solving Your Business Pains
Join us and find answers to issues of daily importance:
- Are you clear on how to handle questions about off-label use?
- Do you understand the latest changes in data privacy regulations?
- Do you know the pros and cons of outsourcing medical information services?
- How do you ensure high quality when you outsource customer service? Are you not happy with the quality of your outsourced customer services?
- Is quality an issue in your outsourced medical information function?
- Is your medical information website getting high enough usage? Learn how to improve hits and increase the number of users.
- You have develop a website for customer service – now how do you get people to use your site? Is all your effort of building the site going to waste because nobody uses it?
- How can you be successful in globalising medical information? From a local perspective, how can you best adapt and implement global guidelines?
What Last Year's Attendees Said:
“This conference is a must attend priority for anyone working in Medical Information in Europe.”
“I think this conference is very relevant to people working in Medical Information. It is a good way to learn the innovations and new trends. It is also a good opportunity to exchange ideas and experience with people from other companies.”
“It is relevant to what we do and it has content that is easily applicable if needed to our daily work and there are no other forums for such exchange in Europe.”
Following the networking reception on 29 November, conference attendees will be invited to a dinner to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Conference. Transportation between the hotel and the restaurant will be arranged for.
If you wish to bring a colleague along to the dinner who isn’t attending the conference, please feel free to contact us, we can arrange this at a cost of €100.
The Call for Poster Abstracts is now closed.
Posters will be on discplay during the conference, and authors will be present during the breaks and the networking reception to answer questions. Posters will be made available online to registered participants.
There will be an award ceremony for the best posters. The winner will be awarded with a complimentary registration to the 11th European Medical Information and Communications Conference in 2017.
Isha Bhattacharyya, PhD • Senior Director Global Medical Services
Med Communications, Inc, United States
Michelle Lee Bridenbaker, BSN, MS • Director, Global Medical Information - Biosimilars
Biogen International, Switzerland
Emilie Coutanson, PharmD • Global Scientific Information Project Manager
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Switzerland
Lillian Auberson, PhD • Medical Information Lead - Region Europe
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Switzerland
Janet Davies • Director, Medical Information, EMEA
Gilead Sciences Europe Ltd, United Kingdom
Sarah Dunnett • Medical Operations Partner
Sarah Dunnett Consulting Ltd, United Kingdom
Marie-Luise Helmich, PharmD • Director Medical Information GSA
Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH, Germany
Isabelle Catherine Widmer, MD • Medical Affairs Consultant
elytra Gmbh, Switzerland
Sabine Lischka-Wittmann, DrSc • Director Medical Information Europe
Lilly Deutschland GmbH, Germany