Market Access and Health Technology Assessment (HTA): What Every Pharmaceutical Stakeholder Should Know
The course will reflect on market access and HTA from a policy perspective and it will focus on the national and subnational levels of strategy formulation and execution. Its main objective is to illustrate how pharmaceutical pricing & reimbursement (funding) policy is developing, how the use of HTA is evolving, and how companies should address these developments by developing and reinforcing their both their strategic and technical market access capabilities. The course will cover key concepts and provide an overview of methods used in the assessment and appraisal of pharmaceuticals during the pricing and reimbursement (funding) decision-making process.
The training session will consist of trainer presentations followed by interactive discussions and case studies. The interactive sessions will allow participants to reinforce their skills to interpret HTA reports and results and to formulate successful local value propositions.
What you will learn
- Key principles and notions and stakeholders in pricing & reimbursement policy
- Role of health technology assessment (HTA) in pricing & reimbursement policy
- Main approaches to HTA
- Economic evaluation: cost-effectiveness analysis, budget impact analysis
- The role of health economics modelling and outcome research
- The logic of comparative benefit assessment and multi-criteria decision analysis using health economics in pricing & reimbursement dossiers
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at professionals with limited/no technical experience of HTA who may or may not have exposure to market access challenges and opportunities on a daily basis. The course will be of interest to participants from the pharmaceutical industry working in the field of:
- Market Access
- Government and Public Affairs
- Health Economics & Outcome Research
- Patient Advocacy
- Drug Development
- Regulatory Affairs
- Medical Affairs
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role, stakeholders and key concepts of pricing & reimbursement policy and how HTA is connected to pricing & reimbursement policy
- Have a clear notion of what building blocks constitute successful market access strategies at national and subnational level
- Be acquainted with different HTA paradigms and architectures, with special regard to economic evaluation, comparative benefit assessment and multi-criteria decision analysis (MCDA)
- Assess the role of HTA in the pricing & reimbursement decision making processes
- Learn about key assessment logics and methods in different HTA paradigms (e.g. cost-effectiveness analysis, budget impact assessment, added clinical benefit, selected scoring algorithms)
- Discuss the current status and the future dynamics of HTA in the region and prepare for most likely developments
- Practice how elements of health economics can strengthen value propositions innovative medicines and make them attractive from a payer perspective
Learning objectives will be achieved using a mix of trainer presentations, trainer-led plenary discussions and case studies.
Plan Your Team's Professional Development
Why not take advantage and train your whole department (or even across different departments!) and benefit from increased:
- Cost Effectiveness
For more information please contact EMEA@DIAglobal.org