Medical Affairs and Scientific Communications Forum
Medical Communication, MSL, and Medical Writing.
Session 11 Track 2B: Personalized Medicine: Gene Therapy
Darryl Zachary L'Heureux, PhD, MPharm, MSc
- Medical Writing Manager
- Bristol-Myers Squibb, United States
You will leave this session with a basic understanding of what gene therapy is, how gene therapy works, and the challenges associated with education and awareness in the gene therapy space.
Learning Objective : At the conclusion of this session, participants should be able to:
- Differentiate between basic types of gene therapy
- Explain how gene therapy works using simple terms
- Describe the key challenges associated with educating audiences about gene therapy
- Identify key insights regarding the straightforward communication of complex science
AAV Gene Therapies for Rare Diseases
Kendra Bolt, PhD
- Manager of Scientific Communications
- Audentes Therapeutics, United States