DIA 2017 is located at:
2301 South Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
- Understanding and influencing workplace culture and its impact on employee results. Culture can either disrupt people’s ability to focus on the work, or it can reinforce and support clarity of focus, but culture is created by those working, not dictated by managers.
- Avoiding and dealing with workplace bureaucracy, which almost always results from the creation of structure, a necessity as businesses and companies grow. Understanding and managing bureaucracy improves efficiency and economics
- Understanding and encouraging workplace innovation, and the direct benefits to efficiency and profitability that innovation brings about. Managers often attempt to drive innovation formally, but these efforts usually fail due to a lack of understanding what really encourages innovation at the work level — where it matters most.
Who should attend?
At the conclusion of this tutorial, participants should be able to:
- Define ways to create focus and direction for people in work groups or project teams
- Identify an applicable set of tools to understand, diagnose and correct dysfunctional culture, bureaucratic inefficiency, and inadequate innovation