Menu Back toWhat is the Breakthrough Risk Communications and Assessing Safety After Early Access to Pharmaceuticals?
Don't Miss Out!
Get your weekly Breakfast Briefing eNewsletter, filled with news, trends, and vital information from DIA!
DIA 2021 Global Annual Meeting
What is the Breakthrough Risk Communications and Assessing Safety After Early Access to Pharmaceuticals?
Rie Matsui, RPh
- Senior Director, Regional Labeling Head for APAC
- Pfizer R&D Japan G.K., Japan
The principle of patient-centric labeling and assessing safety will be discussed to seek an opportunity for international harmonization for implementing earlier access to medicines as the breakthrough risk communication.
Learning Objective : Describe the current challenges for risk communication to patients across regions; Identify the future breakthrough risk communication to patients and principle of patient-centric labeling; Discuss how to assess safety after early access to Pharmaceuticals; Discuss how to measure the effectiveness of risk communication/patient-centric labeling.
Postmarket Safety Label Changes: Relationship to Development Pathways
Gerald J. Dal Pan, MD, MHS
- Director, Office of Surveillance and Epidemiology, CDER
- FDA, United States
Communication with Public/Patients to Promote Appropriate use of Medical Products in Japan
Junko Sato, PhD
- Director, Office of International Programs
- Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency (PMDA), Japan
Patient Labeling: Current State and Future Directions
Meredith Smith, PhD, MPA, FISPE
- Sr Director, Risk Management, Global Patient Safety
- Alexion Astra Zeneca Rare Disease, United States