Menu Back toPatient-Centric Engagement Strategies
Don't Miss Out!
Get your weekly Breakfast Briefing eNewsletter, filled with news, trends, and vital information from DIA!
DIA 2021 Global Annual Meeting
Patient-Centric Engagement Strategies
- Vice President, Patient Advocacy & Engagement
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., United States
This session will provide insights on stakeholder engagement for clinical trials from beginning to end by identifying and incorporating the best tools and resources to support a shift toward virtual research. Recognizing the need to keep patients engaged, the session will propose a framework to support patient adherence for digital health technologies, as well as identify communication tools to support recruitment. Additionally, the session will identify avenues to collect patient input on study design that overcome potential internal barriers to patient engagement.
Learning Objective : Recognize how patient adherence is defined; Describe the framework that has been put in place at a large pharma to generate patient-adherence reports as well as call to action for non-compliant patients; Review a case study implemented for a digital device.
Community Voices in Research (CVR): A Patient-Centric Approach to Study Design Phase Through Community Research Network
Rosaura P Vidal, MPH
- Clinical Research Education Specialist
- National Hemophilia Foundation, United States
Managing Patient Adherence for Digital Devices
Aman Thukral, MPharm, MS
- Director, Global Head-Digital Operations and Clinical Systems
- AbbVie, Inc., United States
Communicating at the Speed of 0-17K: Facilitating Rapid Research Recruitment in a Pandemic
Jenny Cook, MPH
- Study and Project Engagement Specialist
- Duke Clinical Research Institute, United States